Abstract: Memorabilia and records of the Flood and Thomas families in Biddeford, Maine from 1908 until 1962. Earliest records are guest registers and memorabilia of the family restaurant, Flood’s Shore Dinners, which was run out of the family home (The Willows) on Pool Road. Album and yearbooks cover some of the family’s school days as well as the artwork of Leslie Thomas. This collection was donated to the library by Leslie Thomas.
Flood’s Shore Dinners at 605 Pool Road, Biddeford, Maine was opened in 1908 by Roswell D. and Abigail (Mitchell) Flood in their farm house, The Willows. Their guest registers show that the restaurant immediately attracted a large following of local area people and summer visitors alike. During the early years there are informal sketches and identifications of the motor vehicles which brought the diners. May club groups are identified. In 1934, the restaurant was closed and the property was purchased by the Franciscan Fathers. The building was razed and the land is now part of the University of New England’s Biddeford campus. The donor, Leslie L. Thomas, is the grandson of Roswell and Abigail Flood.
Scope & Contents: Five boxes of records, albums and documents held by the Flood and Thomas families in Biddeford, Maine. Collection consists of three pieces: Guest books from Flood’s Shore Dinners restaurant in Biddeford, Maine; Biddeford High School yearbooks and documents from the Flood and Thomas families; photo album/scrapbook and autograph book owned by Leslie Thomas.